One such tool is Internet fax. Internet fax allows you to send and receive faxes on your computer. When a fax is received it is attached to an email. The files come in as either .tiff or .pdf files, either of which can be easily viewed with free software that is most likely already on your computer. The incoming Internet faxes do not interfere with your existing phone lines and therefore you do not need a separate line for phone and fax. This also eliminates an even worse scenario of having a shared line for phone and fax that needs to be toggled every time a fax is expected.
Sending faxes is just as easy. Faxes can be sent either straight from a word processor, using similar steps already used to print documents, or from an online interface. Either way, Internet fax makes it convenient for people that work from home to get their faxes out quickly and easily.
The top 3 benefits of Internet fax for a home office include:
- Increased office organization and decreased costs by getting rid of bulky fax machines that need toner, paper and maintenance.
- Increased efficiency since sending and receiving faxes can be done without even leaving your desk.
- Enhanced professional image due to the 24/7 availability of your fax number (without having to switch the line from phone to fax and back again.)
A virtual phone service includes a toll free number complete with automated main menu greetings, multiple voice mailboxes and extensions, faxing, email delivery of voice and fax messages and more but without any hardware or software required. Calls are forwarded to you wherever you have programmed the system to reach you. The phone systems are all run and housed by a virtual PBX provider and therefore you can have all the same conveniences and outward professional appearance as a larger company, but without the expensive and cumbersome equipment and maintenance.
The top 3 benefits of a virtual phone service for a home office include:
- Projection of a professional image due to the automated main menu greeting and multiple extensions.
- Efficiency of consolidating and unifying all communications to one place. Voice, fax, and email messages all to your computer.
- Flexibility of having calls forwarded to you anywhere you wish and the ability to change it on the go.